The following conditions shall apply at all stages of the SPRINT6GOLF Amateur Challenge.
1. The SPRINT6 Amateur Challenge shall be open to all golfers; who are members of a recognised golf club; who have Amateur Status in accordance with the current Amateur Status Rules of the R&A Rules Limited and who hold a “competition” CONGU Handicap. The tournament shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and with Local Rules as may be approved by the tournament committee.
2. Competitors must register their intention to compete in the tournament by entering their names on the registration sheet before going out to play. Any player who fails to sign the sheet will be deemed to have never entered the tournament.
3. The qualifying tournaments at each club will comprise of a maximum of three twilight qualifying stableford rounds held over the same course over a set number of events held between June 2016 and April 2017. Each participating club can hold their event over 6, 7, 8 or 9 holes (depending on course layout), preferably on the same evening/day each week. An eclectic will be used to determine the overall winner and qualifier for the national final. Ties decided on countback based on last hole score, then the second last hole score and so on. The qualifying rounds must be completed by the end of 21st April.
4. If a player arrives at their starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after their starting time, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-7, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes. The penalty for lateness beyond five minutes is disqualification. The organising committee reserves the right to amend starting times and groups.
5. Players shall walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the organising committee. Penalty for breach of Condition – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round: Four strokes. In the event of a breach between the play of two holes, the penalty applies to the next hole. Use of any unauthorised form of transportation shall be discontinued immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. Otherwise, the player shall be disqualified.
6. Motorised buggies may be utilised by competitors who have sought permission from the championship committee before the championship, on presentation of a current medical certificate or letter from a medical practitioner, and then only if the host club permits the use of such buggies. The buggy may only be used by the person named on the certificate and may only carry the player, his /her caddie and equipment.
7. A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc), the player is in breach of Rule 14–3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used. The use of the SPRINT6GOLF Shot Clock to time each shot is permitted.
8. Each player shall play without undue delay.
SPRINT6GOLF Rules (for full Rules available click here)
1. Players taking part in a SPRINT6GOLF competition only have 30 seconds from arriving at their ball to take their shot.
2. Timing of each shot can either be done via the SPRINT6GOLF App, mobile phone, watch or timer. The 30 seconds starts as soon as the players bag / trolley arrives at the ball or the bag (if carried) is put down.
3. Players are not allowed to hover their bag or delay unduly.
4. Players are allowed two 2-minute time out per round (6,7,8 or 9 holes). The player simply calls “Time Out” and the 2 minute break begins. The player must complete their shot within that 2 minute period.
Shot Allowance: Divide handicap by 18 then multiply by the number of holes to be played. If the resulting figure is not a whole number shots are rounded up only if .5 or above. Each shot should be taken on the hardest holes as designated on the courses regular scorecard.
All other rules of golf as set out by the R&A will apply.
1. The overall winner of each club eclectic competition will qualify for the SPRINT6GOLF Amateau Challange National Final. It will be played at Buckinghamshire Golf Club on Monday 10th October, 2016.
2. The format of the Final will be a 32-player 6-hole match-play knock out. There will be a plate competition for 1st round losers, so everyone reaching the Final will be guaranteed to play at least 12 holes.
3. If a match is tied after 6 holes, it will be decided on the sudden death play-off hole, this will continue to played until there is a winner.
4. Handicap allowance in the Final will be calculated from a players CONGU Handicap.